Friday, January 4, 2013

A few Mom Fails- and what they taught me.

We've all been there, you know what I'm talking about. Those moments when you're going along, thinking you've got the Mom thing down, then all of a sudden BOOM- a mom fail.
 
Lets see some examples, shall we?
 
How about the time a few months ago we left home to run to Giant Eagle (grocery store) that is roughly 2 miles from our house for a few essentials. Of course I left the baby bag at home, we would be home in 20 minutes, and I had JUST changed his diaper and fed him and thought we would be cool.  Mommy friends see where I'm going with this? We get in the store no issues. Grayson is in the buggy, laughing at Mommy who is making faces as she grabs produce, when all of a sudden I smell it.  Poop. I figured we would just finish the shopping, go home and get him changed. Until I walked in front of the buggy and realized the back of his white shirt was now brown.  Lovelies, he pooped out of the diaper and clean up to his armpits. Here I am, full cart, no diapers, no wipes and no change of clothes. Mom Fail.
 
Now- there is always, always, always a spare diaper in my purse. Also I keep a change of clothes, thing of wipes and a diaper in the glove box of my car.
 
Then there was the time we were reading the story "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and Grayson started jumping on the couch.  I laughed, because in the book it says at the end "but no one says anything about the sofa!" Here I was really impressed, because he understood the story.  I even reached for my camera to show Daddy the silliness.  Then he took a flying leap off of the couch and landed square on his head. Mom Fail.
 
We don't allow jumping on the furniture at all anymore.
 
I remember back when Grayson had reflux really bad and I took him to meet a friend of mine for lunch.  She doesn't have kiddos and is terrified of all gross things that babies do, but she had deemed mine "safe".  We were having a grand old time eating and talking. She fed Grayson, hugged on him, played with him.  It was all going too well.  When she handed him back to me, I gave him a quick hug. As I pulled him away from me the bouncing/squeezing must have gotten the best of him because he decided to projectile vomit all over me in the middle of the Olive Garden. It even soaked my bra, and I had no extra clothes. Mom Fail.
 
I learned to carry an extra shirt that day, or pick restaurants adjacent to Target in case I needed to purchase a quick change of clothes.
 
A few weeks ago I had made Grayson a wonderful dinner. Roasted chicken, corn, mashed potatoes and apple slices. He ate the corn and apples no problem. Wasn't a fan of the mashed potatoes but hes a bit of a texture eater so that was okay. But the main dish? He flat out refused to eat the chicken.  Like cried tears when I placed it into his mouth. Now he'll eat nuggets till the day is gone, but grilled skinless chicken might as well be brussle sprouts to my kid. So rather than fight it, I let him go and just eat his corn.  Fast forward about an hour to when it was time to feed the dogs.  Grayson loves to help feed the puppies, he pours the food into their bowls and giggles. Our dogs eat Chef Michaels with bits of dehydrated chicken and veggies.  Well don't you know that little snot reached into Gizzy's bowl and started to eat her dehydrated dog food chicken; not an hour after refusing the stuff that I took hours to make that was you know, people food. Epic Mom Fail.
 
We don't leave Grayson alone with the doggies while they are eating anymore.
 
This kid keeps me on my toes for sure. But no matter what the situation was, in the end I always end up laughing. Please let me know Im not the only one who has Mommy Failures out there?!
 

3 comments:

  1. haha oh man kids can make ya crazy!

    I hate blow outs I always carried extra diapers everywhere, car, purse, baby bag because my kid would go 10 days without pooping then it'd be epic... totally epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laugh with you because we have (or will) be there at some point!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My list of mom fails is gigantic, but we're doing it and our babies are happy so that's all that matters, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)