Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DIY Custom Birth Statistics Wall Art

Grayson's nursery needed some art, with 10 foot ceilings sometimes it needs a pop or two of color.  I knew I wanted to do something with his birth statistics, like this from The Bellingham Baby Company

 Gorgeous, right?! But $26 dollars for an unframed piece of paper just kind of goes against my cheap-skate ways.  I started to wonder, could I do that myself on the cheap? 

 Enter Microsoft Publisher. 

I started by selecting a blank 8 x 10 document and adding text boxes with my little bean's info.  I turned some text, changed fonts, played with font size and color until I got the look I wanted.  I clicked print, and this is what we got.  

All it needs is a mat and a frame, and I've got some JoAnn's coupons for those babies!  It really took me about 10 minutes to figure out, and then when I was done I made one for a friend  as well.


It really was super easy, to change all of the info and colors took less than 3 minutes. Now, if a technology challenged, sleep deprived, un-showered Mommy like me can do it- you can too! 

The best part, the cost = totally free!  So I can take my $26 bucks I would have spent on this and buy something else...because that Bellingham Baby Company can get me into some SERIOUS trouble with the hubs and the bank account!  ;)

Linking Up to:
Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

15 comments:

  1. Very cute and I don't know how people are able to sell things like that for so much money.. I guess some people will pay for anything as long as they don't have to do it themselves-- I love your idea and how you did it.. gotta try it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out great!!! I'm with you on spending $26 on a piece of paper!!! And yours look just as good as the original! ~ Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I love subway art but never thought to do it with my daughter's birth info. Great idea! :) (saw you on the linky at A Glimpse Inside)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very clever and it is adorable as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! It's so simple and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice! I'm off to send my followers your way right now!

    http://unique-baby-gear-ideas.blogspot.com/

    Also, if anybody wants to "like" Unique Baby Nursery Decorating Ideas on Facebook to see more ideas shared by moms (just like us) it would be very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! Way to save some dough and it looks just like the original!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so brilliant! Really! I thought you were going to go into a full tutorial on using stencils, paint, rollers, stamps...LOL - you cut all that out and made it SIMPLE! I'd love for you to share it at my blog party Tuesday's Nursery - its for all ages of kids decor and it runs the first Tuesday of every month. I'll have the linky open for several days so I hope you can make it! Following you. Have a great week, Nan
    www.PlayfulDecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, very nice! It looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister makes a killing on Stat Art, framed or unframed. Take them to a craft market, you will be surprised

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there I am trying to do something like this as well... same thing as you I can not bring myself to pay for one. I was just wondering, after you print it out do you just stick it in a frame?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your DIY Custom Birth Statistics Wall Art is such a heartfelt and creative project! Turning meaningful memories into a personalized piece of art is a beautiful way to celebrate life's precious moments.
    promocodehq

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your inspiring project and the steps to recreate it. I'm eager to give it a try, and for anyone interested in discounts on crafting supplies, "frugalishness" could be a valuable resource.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Thumbs up for your blog! It's not just informative but also has a conversational tone that makes it feel like a friendly discussion. Your passion for the subject shines through, making it a joy to read."
    https://savingcentstogether.com/promotions/heroforge-voucher-codes

    ReplyDelete
  15. "An inspiring journey through 'diy-custom-birth-statistics-wall-art.' The blog beautifully captures the artistry of personalization. Just as the DIY project unfolds, the keyword 'how old is dolores in encanto' adds a touch of mystery, echoing the timeless charm one can infuse into custom creations. A creatively enriching and subtly enigmatic post!"

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)